The Finish Carpenter is responsible for the building, repairing, tailoring, and installing wood components that generally add the final touches to a home building or remodelling project. Densmore Design and Build specializes in door installation, trim and crown mouldings, built-in fireplace surrounds and mantles, coffered ceilings and beam work, raised panel wall details and wainscoting, built-in bookshelves and cabinetry, window details such as architraves, and sills and aprons.
Current projects are located in Grand Bend, as well as London and area.
We are seeking someone who is enthusiastic about the profession and has a passion for quality – as such, we encourage applications of all levels of experience to apply, including entry-level and student applicants.
Skills & Requirements:
- Understanding of finish carpentry
- Able to lift and carry heavy objects such as doors, cabinets, and other building materials, etc.
- Understand math functions and calculations involving fractions
- Confidently use power and hand tools
- Responsible individual who can work well alone, and as part of a team
- Ability to follow directions and communicate project progression
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn new skills
- Able to read and interpret drawings
- Valid G Drivers license, and transportation
Hourly rate will reflect experience and access to personal tools. Estimated approximately 30 hours per week, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.